View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 05:34 AM   #7
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Which adapter plate for an Edelbrock 1405?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallorcaC10 View Post
I just read something a custormer from Jegs wrote: the Edelbrock manual specifically stated not to use this adapter for this application (open square hole).
???????
Don't panic. I run the Offenhauser* model on top of a Weiand 8004 aluminum intake and a 1/2'' 4-hole Micarta composite spacer under a Carter AFB [the original Edelbrock Performer] on a Mr.Goodwrench 350 Chevy V8 in a '71 GMC Jimmy [Like the Chevy K/5 Blazer]. Runs good.
I tune my Carter [600 CFM] 9625S like an Edl-1405. I use the chart in the Edelbrock Owner's manual.
* The Offy Spreadbore/Squarebore adapter is the same as the Jegs/Summit offerings, but was made in the USA about 20 years ago, and was not expensive when purchased. Adding a Micarta spacer to the stack keeps the carburetor isolated from any heat soaks from the intake. The 4 holes in the spacer are deep enough to get a concentrated air fuel mixture flowing.

I knew from your first post you were on Mallorca, so hot rod shop parts are unheard of there. I've read about the island from ''Master and Commander.'' It is situated in the Western Mediterranean, south of France and East of Spain. Was your truck left as a surplus vehicle from some Navy?
They say the climate there is nice. Now it's a tourist isle.
Good luck with your C/20 truck.
Attached Images

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 04-28-2018 at 05:45 AM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote