View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 12:54 AM   #25
Ghost's68

Re: And so it begins! Ghost's 68 project

Here’s the rear end after getting it back from the shop. Notice someone had fun with the welder? I left it there since I got a kick out of it! Hacked off the old caliper brackets that were welded on at an angle and the pan hard bar mount. Got everything all cleaned and POR15’ed the whole rear end.

Using a old droid phone with the Torque pro App and a Bluetooth ECU dongle ad my temp gauges. Works really well actually and nice I can graph certain data points and read codes. Might upgrade to a cheapie wallyworld Tablet to have bigger gauges until I get a set of the DD gauges.

Here’s the old engine bay setup. Not bad visually but had a lot of issues I found when removing the engine out. PO used the stock SBC stands and appears to drilled holes through the side to mount up to the engine swap plate. Think LS1 side bolt design. Also found some cheapie undersized hardware to bolt the stands and plate together. All bad!

Here’s the new donor heart next to the patient. Was able to score a used LS3 for a killer deal.

Last edited by Ghost's68; 04-29-2018 at 01:03 AM.
Ghost's68 is offline   Reply With Quote