View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 01:42 AM   #6
mr48chev

Re: 1952 Chevy Pickup build help

Photos help greatly in any situation where there are questions.

Back years ago it was real common to stick 4x4 axles under the stock springs on AD trucks to turn them into a 4x4. Not a thing wrong with that as long as it was done right and not scabbed together. Of course that holds true with any modified truck.

3100 in Chevy AD parlance means 1/2 ton short box. If the truck has the short box it is a 3100.
GMC made a long bed half ton but Chevy didn't.

I'm not really understanding why a guy would buy a truck that has been converted to 4x4 thinking he would turn it back to two wheel drive unless it was a real bargain with a geat body but in that case I think I would just build a new two wheel drive chassis for it and not spend any money on the 4x4 part. If it runs and drives you could drive it while you build the chassis and just set the cab and bed over to the new chassis and out the door you go as a fresh two wheel drive with a 4x4 chassis to sell. Simply meaning if you invest a bunch of money in the 4x4 chassis it is probably best just to keep it as a 4x4. Not a thing wrong with that though.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote