View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 10:34 PM   #2480
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Wish you the best of luck on the trip Vic..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
i know I am the wrong way but if you need help on your return trip I am in winfield and would be happy to assist... I think you have my phone number
Thanks guys! We made it to Granbury, TX today with no new issues. Drove thru torrential rain from McAlester, OK to Gainsville, TX and the truck did fine. No leaks or anything. I don't normally use Rain-X but I applied some before leaving on the trip and it worked great, even in the heaviest downpours. I did have to drill a small hole in the bottom of each door to drain the water that collected in them. Forgot to replace the weep holes when I welded the new lower door patch panels on. Live and learn.

The belt conditioner helped a little bit and I had a new, spare serpentine belt just in case. Truck still starts hard, but it does start. The belt squealing was almost nonexistent and we were able to run the AC since the windows were up all day. Looks like the LMC truck show may see some rain tomorrow but Saturday should be very nice. Will post pictures when I get some.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote