View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 06:10 AM   #369
special-K
Special Order

Re: Worst Four Words/First Date

Dale, it tired me out just typing that. Not sure why I used punctuation. Gives the impression there was some sort of pause in all that

Larry (other), I don't know if it's success or more like temp service . At least I got a load of parts out of it. It all came about suddenly and I pounced. My sister lived just down the road, but timing was bad for a visit. How bad? It was the day before a colonoscopy so she was bingin' on the poop juice. How's that for putting it out straight? I meant my words, not...

I actually enjoyed my gypsy experience. I had put a couple beers on ice in my cooler for the evening at my sister's, just in case. I was backed down around back of this feller's buildings against the woods to load. His house sits out front up on a hill, with where I sat fully private for both of us. Nice quiet evening, great temperature, no bugs, window down, leaned against driver door in lounge position w/pillows, listening to the wildlife's evening sounds, and a couple chilly Coronas before zonking out.

Rolled up into town for coffee, breakfast, conversation with a couple old boys giving the gal a hard time.. Just a regular good old time
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...cqzt65wjVuFDqS

On up the road with my load and home by 8, ready for another day. I have another trip back down to make in a couple days.

Yeah, that gal had no claim on me to be getting so upset...yet. I'm no Don Juan, but I admit this was more about seeing what could happen than expecting much from it long and lasting. After listening to her go on as if I did what I did to hurt her feelings I simply said, "I think we're done" and hung up.

My marriage came down to being about me worrying about making her happy with the same not being reciprocated. It became undeniably evident when my dad passed slowly from diabetes with hardly a comfort from her. This notion finally hit me... "What about me?" and I guess those three words were the beginning of the end of a 25 year relationship. Never again. I give all I have of myself and I expect the same or I'll stay single. Hmmm... how to inject some humor here? Hasta la vista baby?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote