View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 08:43 PM   #2484
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
Glad you made it... The last 3 years that I know of that show had gotten rain at least one day of the show... LOL
Thanks, Dan, you're exactly right and today wasn't any different. It rained all morning and didn't start to slack off until around 2pm. Photos below of one of the vendor areas and some of the trucks parked out in the main lot. Bet there wasn't even 100 trucks there all told. Jay and I left our trucks at the house and took his SUV up to the event to pick up his credentials and do a quick walkabout. Cold and wet! Tomorrow is supposed to be much nicer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound without anymore problems.
Thanks, Scott. No new problems, but the old ones haven't cleared up either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Glad you made it. Hopefully you wont have any more issues with the belt. I bet there will be some tuners there that can help you out with your starting issue. Just curious, what does it sound like when starting? Does it sound normal but just not start or does it sound really labored? Does anything come out of the exhaust when you do start it? I'm curious of two things... 1) do you have enough fuel pressure when starting it initially, or is it having to build up pressure before it does start? 2) If it's labored, is your battery low, or is there some sort of mechanical interference the engine has to overcome?

Just spit balling trying to get the gears turning for a diagnosis. Hope you get it figured out soon. Good luck!
Hey, Duane. Engine sounds normal, just cranks for a really long time. The Advanced Keys box eventually times out and you have to reset it for a second try. Usually starts on the second attempt. I only checked the fuel pressure in the shop once when I first tested the system and it was 60 lbs as I recall. Don't think there's a problem. There were no tuner guys in the vendor area (like HP Tuners or Diablo). There were some builders that may do that as a byproduct of their builds, but I didn't ask around. I can have Jay check to see what, if anything, comes out of the exhaust but from inside the truck nothing is apparent. Battery seems plenty hot, although one of the GMPP people at the show claimed that red top Optima batteries are junk. Mine is new and has never been discharged, so I don't know why it would be suspect. It just seems like it's not getting a signal it needs to fire. All that should be virtually instantaneous.

I didn't get a chance to call March about the belt issue, so that will have to wait until Monday now. We ran the AC from McAlester to Gainsville yesterday without any issues. Belt still squeals occasionally... usually right after starting. At this point, I don't know if it's the tensioner or one of the accessories. The PS pump has had a very low growl from the beginning, but the fluid in the tank is clear as a bell and both the steering and the hydraulic brake booster work like a charm.

We're headed to Houston tomorrow after the show. I'll PM you about a time to come visit.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote