View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #523
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: "Elwood" the 77_remix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Those do look nice. Hope you get it all done for this weekend. I'm headed to Salt Lake City to watch my daughter's last Gym competition for this season this weekend. Hope ya'll have a good time!
As always its a thrash to the finish. We decided to leave Thursday night to avoid Friday morning traffic in Ft Worth. i had hoped to finish up around 10:00 and be on the road. We bolted the hood on, and it was so much easier to do with the new hinges. They lined up easily and we had the hood adjusted in a few minutes.
After adding the Wilwood master cylinder, I determined I had almost no pedal function. I could stop, but the pedal was to the floor. Unfortunately I had no time to play with the brakes. I figure stopping is over rated.

We loaded Elwood up on the trailer, and went to strap it down. Thats when I discovered a cooloant leak. It was coming from the radiator hose where it meets the water pump. I assumed it was a bit loose and tried tightening it. That made the leak worse. i realized it the hose section was not on far enough so I loosened the clamps to push it on further.

Yes, I knew it was a bad idea to be directly under the hose looking up at it, but it was the only way to access it while on the trailer. I attempted to push the hose further on. This forced the hose off, and a massive stream of hot water and coolant gushed down. It went in my eyes, ears, nose, and a large quantity was swallowed.

After cursing profusely, I hosed myself off. I looked at the truck, shruggged my shoulders and decided "It ain't fixing itself" and crawled back under. An hour later I was all cleaned up and headed for the C10 Nationals.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote