Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 02:02 AM   #5408
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

and a couple hours later, shortly afer 9:00 PM we was done

she fired up on the first try, which was shocking since I forgot to mention my one year old H.E.I. distributor seized... after I took it off the truck. I went to put it back on and it would not spin by hand, so I was like what the hewk... so I busted out with my trusty two year old (hee hee) Petronix H.E.I. and it dropped right in and like I said fired up on the first try...

so the truck fired right up and ran, I checked the timing and it was at like 26* initial so I dropped it down to 12* initial and called it good, dialed the idle back to 900 RPM which is where I had it before, that's where I get the highest vacuum of 19"

I was surprised that my idle AFR was perfect in the high 13.9s border line low 14.4s just as it was before

different cylinder heads, different intake manifold and the truck idles the same, I took it around the block in the residential area 35-45 MPH and it drove the same(ish)

well other than the dreaded massive exhaust leak!!! see those rusty Hooker headers, I hate 'em!
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 05-08-2018 at 02:13 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote