View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 08:18 AM   #2492
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

We made it back to KC, but not under our own power. About 10 miles north of Nacogdoches, TX CRLS nosed over and quit running. We were able to coast onto a little side road and call a tow truck. The check engine light was on and I could start it momentarily, but it blubbered and gagged and wouldn't stay running. The driver took us to the Chevy dealer in Nacogdoches but they refused to work on it... said they wouldn't be able to read the codes. I reckon they just didn't want to mess with it. They did suggest another place in town, so the driver took us there and dropped us off. They were able to scan the codes and identify the problem as the fuel pump. Since the bed has to come off to access the fuel tank, we decided to rent a U-Haul truck and trailer and tow it home. We revised our vacation plans and transferred all our stuff to the car and will fix Crusty when we get back. There are several other problems I need to address as well. The PS pump pulley is slightly out of alignment causing a bit of belt noise, the neutral safety switch is on the fritz and we used a quart of oil in the first 1500 miles. I think the Elite Engineering catch can system for the PCV is working a bit too well. I'll get it all sorted.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote