View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 01:04 AM   #18
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

First off, I can't believe I didn't get something done this weekend, I started out thinking I would have that whole window done over the weekend, yeah right good luck with that. Between cutting my fingers pretty bad yesterday (not related to the truck) and Mothers Day today, going to two different cemeteries and putting flowers on a number of graves and going out to "Linner" and all that, not much happened. The photo of the truck up on the wall was my wife's choice of the restaurant to go out to, I had to think to torcher me looking up at "my truck" in the garage. LOL No, she is an angel she wouldn't do that to me.

But I did get out there and found that I was WAY off on the whole damn rear window thing! I am SOOOOOOO glad I caught on to what in the heck this whole thing was about because I could have made a real mess out of it. I can't even explain because it's so complicated but basically the window area that I am welding in isn't uniform across it, the shape changes because the glass is basically flat while the cab back is curved. I know I must have know this but I just caught it this evening after working on it the last two days. Soooo, it gets a lot more complicated but it's falling into place, glad I caught that!

The "flow" from the body line at the bottom of the pillars to the area beyond that where there is no line is one of my issues. But I think I have got it!

Anyway, we will get out there tomorrow and see where it goes.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote