View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 12:37 PM   #17
88lowrider

Re: Using a meter should not be as hard as pulling hen's teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
Luckily the users manual for your meter is still available here:

https://www.baldengineer.com/wp-cont...ers-manual.pdf

It is not necessary (as it should not be) to have to use the serial port to get the min/max readings.

Page 34 tells you to use the "FUNCTION" button to get the max reading.

You're welcome.
Thank you !!!.
Yes, I got the whole kit with the manual and was reading it this morning because I "Thought" that if you were in Max mode that it would hold "on" as its does Date collection, but no. It says 10 minute auto shut off :-/..

So, this morning it was Off. I pressed the power button, it Flashed 0.04 and then just came on to the normal screen. This was about 7:30 this morning.
I was in and out and about 8:15?, it was still on. More than 10 minutes so??
Just went back out and checked it again at 9:25 and its still on ???....
I guess I will just keep a eye on it.
I put it on last night at about 9pm and by morning, it was off.

Not sure what this is going to tell us other than how much the draw is. That might help narrow down what the total draw phantom draw might be..
This thing just needs to DO it and Keep doing it so I can start eliminating things.
This Was Constant too. Every three days, dead battery, nothing has changed as it still does it. I even went and got one of those pocket Jumper things that I carry in the truck. It will jump a diesel pickup several times, plus still the Long jumper cables from Costco that have been under the seat since back in year 2000 or so.

Going to try it again. Still searching for some device that will trigger a relay that can trigger a pager or something to warn me when its happening.

Will keep you posted.
88lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote