View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #10
Boog
laying low

Re: Trail of Bread Crumbs

That sounds oh too familiar.
One of our members in Florida had a drunk hit his 3 vehicles in his driveway and tore down part of his fence in the early morning hours. Totalled two of them. A rookie cop stopped the drunk leaving a club and let him go just a few blocks from where he ran off the road and through two yards to end up in the member's yard. The member's full coverage repaired his wife's car but he only had liability on his other two trucks and did not have uninsured motorists coverage. One of his trucks was a freshly restored suburban he had only had for a couple of weeks. Forgive me, it's been a few years ago and I've forgotten his name but it was a big story here for a while. He got lots of support from this forum. He talked to the police chief, city attorney, attorneys from out of state and was told "the city is not liable in an incident like this where private property is damaged". He was told he could not sue the city due to it being a "charter state" or something like that. That rookie officer could have prevented that homeowner's loss but he let the drunk go. The drunk driver had a loaded gun in his seat as well. I saw the cops dash cam video of the stop but there was no audio. Someone put up the link for anyone to see. The guy could hardly stand up.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote