View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #15
Groenys 57

Re: What fittings do I need for fuel lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
before you go any further, you need to back up and show us the tank fitting
you're posting random fitting pictures and expecting someone to figure out what your doing

as mr48chev mentioned the fuel pump fitting is the outlet that hooks to the carb. you don't need any adapters, just buy a 5/16 inverted flare steel line from the parts house and bend it to fit between the pump and carb
The line to the carb is still connected in the picture. The fitting that is showing in the picture is what connects to the fuel tank line. I removed the old line that was ran. It had about 6 inches of rubber hose going from the pump to the fuel line. Then it was hard line all the way until about another 6 inches of rubber line that connected to the original tank. That is why I was trying to do it the way I was. Because I thought I read you should use rubber at the tank and the pump to give it a little flex. If that's not correct Ill be happy to figure out what the correct way is. I just want to get the pump back connected to the tank so the truck will run again.

This is the connection from the Tanks Inc fuel tank. 3/8 npt I was told.

this is the connection that I took off the fuel pump that was conected to the rubber hose.

Groenys 57 is offline   Reply With Quote