View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 09:50 PM   #5
64shortbox

Re: Recommend me a Master cylinder and booster.

I used a Master Cylinder for a 73 C-10 - $18.99 for a rebuilt one from Vato Zone with a lifetime warranty. Use your S-10 master for the core charge return. For the Vacuum Booster I grabbed one from an 85 C-10 - only because the steering column was out and it made it easy to remove. BUT I had to run a die down the rod to thread it for a coupling nut. As Chevy Fleetside said I had to modify it and extend the rod from the booster for my application. I knew the booster was still good because when I pulled the vacuum check valve from it it still held vacuum.

Hell, I'm so cheap I even used ALL the brake lines & proportioning valve from a 73 C-10, purchased from Pick N Pull during a 1/2 off weekend - like the one coming up. Everything lined up Perfectly - I even convinced a couple of people that Disc Brakes were an option in 64 because it looks like it left the factory that way. I did fess up and let them know I swapped everything out from a 73 C-10 including modifying the Brake pedal.

Did you notice the Radiator Overflow/Windshield washer reservoir container in that first pic? Fits like it was made for our trucks. It came from a Ford pickup (I know) again on 1/2 of days. Yes, I CHEAP & Lazy!
Attached Images

64shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote