View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 10:25 PM   #12
graymage

Re: What is Your Other Hobby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 View Post
What else distracts you?

Personally, I took up brewing beer in February, have done a handful of batches, beer gets a little better each time. The picture is the mash process of a dry irish stout, I currently do all grain brewing using the BIAB (Brew in a bag) method. This allows you to mash, and boil in the same pot.

My wife and I love to camp... okay, we love to glamp, we often take our canoe.
Trailer is 23ft with one slide out, lots of room inside. THe canoe was made here in Cambridge Ontario in the 70's, it is a Coleman Craft. The way I understand it is that Old Mr. Coleman could not afford the litigation brought on by the "Coleman" company, and he packed it in many years ago. This canoe is the nicest I have ever paddled, I really should buff the oxidization off and make it look pretty again.

Speaking of my wife she has said a few times that she would like a hobby, but can't think of anything to do... Trust me, for her, shopping is a hobby, an expensive one at that

So anyway, what is or are your "Other Hobby(s)"?

Edit:
The canoe rack, I made this from aluminum extrusion profile, which I sell. It comes apart into 3 pieces and tucks away not taking up much space at all when not in use.
so it looks like the hobby thing turned into a whole new thread, thats cool
graymage is offline   Reply With Quote