View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 10:21 AM   #6780
OregonNed

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes68C10 View Post
Very nice, true professional craftsmanship.
Have some full interior shots to post? Look forward to see the final install.
Not quite yet. I made the final adjustments to the mechanism and cable yesterday. It too a lot of trial and error. The one issue I ran into was the transmission cross member. It wasn't evident until I mounted the lower cable bracket on the bottom of the transmission. The opening to mount the cable interferes with the cross member slightly, so I had to move the entire bracket up by one bolt, closer to the gear shifting lever at the front of the transmission. Even with that, the actual cable fits tightly over the cross member with the bracket (with slotted hole openings),is pushed back as far as possible. It puts a little stress on the cable making the "bend" but not really distorting it at all. The main issue is getting full interior cable adjustment (the inner cable pulled out completely) when it park - it just barely works. Other wise I think it will all be good. My only worry is that 1 LOW feels like it will just engage, and hopefully not pop out. But hey, I seldom if ever use the lowest gear on the TH 350 anyway. Look for more pics this week. Anxious myself to see how it all looks!