View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #14
MARTINSR

Re: panel adhesive in colder weather ?

I hear you Stingray, you are absolutely correct and I respect your knowledgeable understanding of the subject. My point is not to suggest it as replacing welding on everything, not by a long shot. But it IS an alternative for many many repairs on these trucks. These floor patches the OP is talking about, I think it's perfect.

Obviously if proper application isn't used, just like poor welds or poor location cuts and all that isn't used, it isn't as good as it could be. We can't cover every single guy in every single garage. If the liability for us suggesting ANYTHING were anything like us doing it in a shop for customers........................these forums would be gone.

I rather see a guy finish his truck gluing in some floor patches, or cowl patches or door skin patches and get that truck on the road with his smiling face behind the wheel than seeing him never get it done because he doesn't have access to a welder.

On the safety of these trucks, I seriously doubt there was more than a minute and a half spent on safety designed into these trucks. A 2015 Honda Civic is safer than a 1955 1 ton by 5000% for goodness sakes. When I think of the stuff I see everyday in the collision industry with my Rambler parked out at the curb, I AM taking a chance driving it for sure! But that's all good, I look at the odds and my driving methods are a hell of a lot more important.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote