View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 11:52 PM   #2532
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Friday, June 1, 2018
Ok, so I FINALLY finished assembling my bed today.... the 4th time. Sheesh, this was a p.i.t.a! I wish I could blame it on something other than my own stupidity but I can’t, damn!

Anyway, she gets flat bedded to the paint shop tomorrow for final hood fitment, to repair chips on the window trim (ANOTHER stupid thing!) & install rear fenders. Glass shop is next door so the front & back windows will go in too.

I bought polished stainless hood X bars and I’m debating billet SS hood hinges - expensive but cheaper than when I started on the truck.

Anyway, that’s the current status.

PS: These rims are 17x8’s and offset is wrong. I will replace them eventually but for now I’ve ordered spacers. i put washers on the studs to get it on the truck tomorrow. I used 7/16” washers so I assume that’s the stud size. Anyone know what replacement longer studs I should order? I know zip about Fords and this is a Ford 8.8 rearend. Any advice appreciated.
Attached Images

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 06-01-2018 at 11:59 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote