View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 07:25 PM   #47
spacedebris

Re: What is Your Other Hobby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears63 View Post
I collect British rifles with an emphasis on WW 1 and WW 2 rifles. Several of the ones I own were rifles that had been cut down into sporters and I restored them to military configuration. The biggest labor of love has been my 1906 BSA/Sparkbrook Mk I*** rifle that has taken years to restore and is close to being done.

So cool. When my grandfather died, I got his WWII (1944) Lee-Enfield No 4. MK1 .303 Rifle. He was in a joint operation with the British in Korea (1950) and was issued this rifle. When he was discharged in 1952 (medical discharge with purple heart) he was allowed to keep the rifle (or so I've always been told). I take it to the range a few times a year and typically embarrass a few of the guys with brand new rifles at 500+ yards. It has the mark 3 military sight on it and I go in and start head shoting silhouettes at 500 yards with my open military sights and they are lucky to hit paper with all their fancy high powered scopes. The only problem is this thing kicks like a mule. I aways come back with a bruised and sore shoulder. LOL
1960 c30 Apache Panel w/ '95 cummins bt6 turbo diesel (work in progress) NOTE: due to photobucket trying to extort money my photos are temporarily unavailable. currently looking for alternative to fix issue.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=523009
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote