View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 03:57 AM   #7
nikwho

Re: CPP Customer service...

This is interesting to read, after my recent experience with CPP. I ordered some C10 trailing arm boxing plates, bushings, axle pads, drop blocks and u-bolts. I realized that I had two sets of u-bolts ordered, as the boxing plate's kit came with them. So, I called, gave them my order number, spoke to a guy who understood and told me that he would fix the order by removing the kit that had the u-bolts and drop blocks, and replace that kit with just two drop blocks, saving me $16. Cool. Well, over a week later I received an email that indicated that all he had done was add an additional set of drop blocks, and didn't remove the original kit that included the drop blocks and u-bolts! That email also wasnt even the shipoing confirmation. It was notification that the oarts would be shipping soon. Now I've been charged for two sets of drop blocks and two sets of u-bolts! So, I was frustrated and work progress was being held up, so I emailed them telling them that I would like to cancel my order. Well, all of a sudden, everything had "been shipped", and I was told that it was too late. So, I refused delivery, not wanting to fight about shipping return costs and return issues. So, they've got their parts back. This all started on May 17th. I'm hopeful for a refund soon. If not, I'll just dispute thecharge, I guess. I'mtrying to be patient. Told them that they could correct the order, just cancel the boxing plates, as I have since made my own, and just refund me the difference. I received an email from a frustrated customer service guy telling me that I should have accepted the delivery and he would have refunded me & let me keep the extra parts. So, I apparently frustrated them, unfortunately.

My single other transaction with them was about 8 years ago, when I ordered a pair of their tubular a arms for my '67 Pontiac. The powdercoating was so thin, there was exposed metal. I started in with them, but saw the writing on the wall and just masked the arm and spray painted the thin area and sucked it up.

So, I've certainly had less than ideal interaction with CPP. I'm hoping that they fix this latest issue, which would keep me coming back. I would have probably not had issue's (other than very slow order processing and shipping times) had I not had to change my order around after making it.

I found it interesting to see this thread in here. Hope they can fix their customer service department!

Nik