View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #2
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Thumbs up Re: 4.3 TBI to 5.7 TBI Swap Questions

Every thing you asked about is doable I'd take the entire wiring harness and fuse block from the Burb and install it into the truck. Delete the systems that don't apply to the truck. Just mark every thing as you remove it and then when it's all out lay it out on the floor and start deleting. Then install it in the '87.

BTW The wiring harness in both trucks are split into 3 separate harnesses at the fuse block on the engine side of the fire wall so you don't need to remove the one that go's to the rear for the tail lights. The remaining 2 are the Engine harness you will need to swap them to match the 5.7 And the one that go to the front clip if your gonna do the core support swap.

Yes you will need the Instrument cluster from the burb and the trans x member and you will probably need to have a drive shaft made but that's no biggie!

As far as the dual tanks on the truck I would follow the wiring harness starting from the transfer valve back to where it transitions into the main harness and keep following until you find out where each wire terminates some will go to the switch and others will go to main fuse block de-pin them from there cavity in the fuse block and mark the wires location so you can insert them in same cavity in the Burb's fuse block.

This will be a big endeavor but you probably all ready know that.

BUT!!! It will be worth it when your done.

Good Luck.

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE

Last edited by 87 STEPPER; 06-07-2018 at 04:25 PM.
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote