View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #25
sixty4bigwindow

Re: I guess it's my turn. Build thread for "Rocket"

Just wanted to give an update on my current situation... Wife and I weren't as happy as we thought we were going to be in California. 2 weeks ago we returned home to Oregon. Right before the Medford cruise again (next weekend!)

Rocket has once again, been a champ for the small moving necessities (although we trailered it back up to OR.) But one thing, the carburetor LOVED the CA weather, but has giving me fits and losing hair since we've been back to higher elevation. I've got about 3 1/2 hours into tuning the damn thing, and it still bogs down under heavy gas pedal low speed acceleration. I'm getting more and more akin to the idea of LS swap or even an EFI system for this motor.

But, now that we are back, we have a few houses lined up to hopefully be into before the beginning of Fall. Then the fun starts. But this weekend has some shifter linkage to be adjusted, valve cover gaskets getting redone, oil change, and a GOOD cleanup before next weekends festivities!

I had to add some pics of our move, looking like the Clampetts haha!
Attached Images

My build thread for "Rocket" - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753023
sixty4bigwindow is offline   Reply With Quote