View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #35
ilikethewoods

Re: C10-71-lwb-swb-shaved-irs-ls-bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans69chevy View Post
You got skills man! Cutting a frame apart like that would scare me! Looks really good so far. I am not familiar with the IRS stuff. How much better is that over a stock rear? How are you protecting the inside frame rail from rust when you are boxing the frame? I wanted to box my frame, but couldn't figure out a good way to prevent rust. Also without a plasma cutter that would take quite a bit of time! Ha! Looks like you have the right tools/equipment for the job! I'm jealous!
Thanks a bunch, I was hesitant at first to cut the frame. Mostly scared of the fitment, not having it line up right. After I made the first cut, I thought: well, if it doesn't work, I can alway buy another frame off CL.

The IRS, I wanted something different, I could've done bags over axels, or bags with a four link. I have a truck now that's bagged, straight axel in the rear. Hopefully the IRS will ride a bit smoother.

The inside of the frame I scraped as much dirt and grime off that I could, then shot it with some Rust Converter. Not sure if its going protect the inside of the frame, but I didn't want to trailer the frame to get sand blasted then start boxing it all in. The plasmas came in handy though, if I were you and ya didnt wanna spend the dough on one. Rent one. Or you can (it will take you some time)

I have one of these and used the crap out it when I didn't want to cut (plasma) metal late at night.
ilikethewoods is offline   Reply With Quote