View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
73GMC10

Re: 73 Gmc wiring help needed with pics/fuel,temp,3 green wires

Thank you for responding to my topic, i will try the green and tan wires for the temp/fuel guages.

it is a sm465 tranny with granny low, never had ac equipped in it

as for image number 2 where you circled it in yellow that taped off section is where it ends as the wires are cut off there kinda in the middle of the engine bay without any other green wires to be found around the engine but i suspect one of the green wires could be the temp sensor lead, as for the other 2 green wires, its a mystery as yes i have a totally separate set of green wires going down the driver firewall side to the rear lights and when i crawled underneath to look there was nothing cut or altered and my rear lights work,so im wondering if the remaining 2 green and 1 yellow can just be capped off as i dont see any other use i could need them for,unless could they go to the tranny for a reverse light? just thinking as im not really knowledged in how the standards and reverse light work

****EDIT*** i made some headway, thinking the tranny had to have wires coming from it i crawled underneath and sure enough way up they are snipped off 2 green ones, and it leaves 1 green (dark) wire left so that must be my temp wire.. only one now is the yellow and as everything else seems to work and the blower motor work i could probably cap it off i think

Last edited by 73GMC10; 06-17-2018 at 03:48 PM.
73GMC10 is offline   Reply With Quote