View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 12:18 AM   #359
Brown Package

Re: "Albert" -- 1949 AD, S10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanTX View Post
I think spinners are way cool on these trucks. I just can't afford paying half what the wheels cost for spinners. These I got for $35.00 shipped, vendor is automotivesupersaver_ inc on Ebay. The centers cost me $22.00 shipped for the four. So I have almost $60.00 in the whole thing.

I have Ridler 695s which are similar but cheaper than Boss 338. Spinners are ABS plastic and come black. I lightly scuffed them with Scotchbrite pad then painted them with aluminum spray paint. You cannot tell they were plastic. I got custom centers from Devries Signs also on Ebay. Devries has a whole list of cool 3D (kinda dome shaped) center designs in various diameters in 1/4" increments. Mine needed 1.75". They are self adhesive. He will also make custom for a little bit more. I got the Punisher in chrome on black on mine.

I had to fabricate a metal backing to make them fit. The diameter is the same as the center cap of the wheel, but you are on your own making them attach. If you are interested I will show you what I did for mine.
Do you mind if i ask what wheel (size, finish, etc) you are using? Just picked up my 49' five days ago...and i am building my info. for which way I want to go on wheels and tires. Thank you!
Brown Package is offline   Reply With Quote