View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 09:03 AM   #18
Custom 68

Re: Looking at Underbed Tanks / What Brand and Why

I too have the Boyds tank it is one of the original with the in-tank pump. I say original versions as I think he has done some more internal baffling. The fit and install is great and it looks super under there. I had an Blazer Poly tank and an external pump that all worked but I knew this would be better. It does look great and doesn't hang down.
Now for the bad on mine anyway. I dont have a ton of power by comparison of some but I am turbocharged so it is pretty decent when I would get on it hard anything under half a tank would run away from the pump and I would loose fuel. I chased this around for a while with some foam but ultimately changed pumps and added a fuel mat. They are not cheap but neither is blowing up my motor. This fixed my fueling problem. Like I said I believe the internals have been upgraded so you should be good. I could have understood under a quarter but half was a little extreme. I like to drive my truck and take trips and this was not good as I was always feeling the need to keep the truck "full".
It is a great tank but even better now.
Hope this helps.
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote