View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 09:49 PM   #15
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: What did I blow up now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue GMC View Post
Running an Edelbrock 1405 carb. Engine was ran for the first 300 miles with break in oil then drained and the valves were adjusted and the oil was switched to Mobil 1. Details I remember from rebuild are few as the paperwork was lost last year when basement flooded. But running a mild can upgrade with cast votrec heads bored .60 over. Trans has a stage 2 shift kit and a 2200 stall. Builder said had to have an octane booster added with each tank as 92 octane would not cut it
Was the cam properly broke in if it is a new flat tappet? And unless you're running 11:1 compression or higher you won't need octane boost. I have a very snotty 355 in my truck, and at 10:1 compression with a wicked cam for the street, I can run 92 octane right out of the pump no problem.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote