View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 05:16 PM   #10
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

I've begun working in earnest in switching over the wiring to work with OBD-2. I found a seller down the road with a 1999 Ram 1500 with 4wd and the 5.9L Magnum V8 and managed to score the computer for $25. I will still need to acquire a SCT tuner and programming to work with the cam I installed, but I need to finish the upgrade to the engine management system first.

Of course, once I got the ECM, I wanted to install the new engine harness that I found last fall, only to find out Chrysler changed up the connectors between 1994 and 1996, so I would need to get the 1996 Power Distribution Center and harness as well. Just to make sure there were no additional surprises, I got the in-cab portion of the 1996 harness as well. This will also give me the data port as well to hook up a scan tool or the tuner. The one remaining hiccup is the wiring that goes to the rear portion of the frame for the fuel tank, rear ABS and rear lighting. The 1994 harness has ten wires through one connector. The 1996 uses two different connectors for a total of twelve wires. I don't have that last portion of the harness for the 1996, just the connectors and pigtails, so I will have to match up the needed circuits.

The new PDC uses some funky relays that seems to be somewhat exclusive to Chrysler products. They weren't included the in the harness I picked up at Pull-a-Part the other day when I bought both parts of the 1996 harness. It is slowly coming together.

-Joe
Attached Images