View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 12:13 AM   #29
WhiteCST

Re: Gifted a 68 c20- what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave`12 View Post
@whitecst

You make excellent points. My reasoning is based on my skill level. The swap I mentioned is so much easier for a shade tree guy like myself (not only to install, but to tinker with as the years go by). All those electronics are just too much for me, and I like to do things myself rather than pay someone (that's the fun of the hobby for me).

Also, the 5k was a brand new, top of the line 375hp warrantied GM engine complete with a/c compressor, power steering, etc. It could be had cheaper. The 350 I put in my truck was a craigslist engine that came with everything from air cleaner to oil pan for 800.00, and it runs great.

I'm not trying to argue. Like I said, you make good points, and your skill level is way beyond mine.

It was just a suggestion.
Definitely wasn’t trying to come off as arguing or rude, many apologies if I did! And I agree, a ready to go crate engine is the simplest as far as plug and play for sure, and can be more reliable off the bat and the peace of mind from a warranty is another huge benefit! But you guys have got to try an ls at least once in your lifetime! It may not always be easy but it’s rewarding and a ton of bang for the buck.
2006 Dodge Charger RT

Built TH400 for Sale
WhiteCST is offline   Reply With Quote