View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #5
S_Gibson

Re: C10 almost roadworthy during the day and night.

Beautiful weekend so I spent 2 days fooling with the truck. Quite easy to work on.

Backup lights are now working and I haven't done anything to them. Lol, They are always one now instead of always off. That is still on my to do list.

I polished up the rims. Nearly 95% of the rust is gone and they look great. I think it has the wrong lug nuts on it. It has beveled lug nuts and I would think it need the mag type lug nuts with the short shank and washer. Looks like the beveled ones are wearing the holes.

One of the dust covers was missing and two wheel studs were broken so I picked up a few parts at the parts store. While I was there I went through all the molded hoses they had and found one that will go from the valve cover to the air cleaner. Put a new window crank on as well.

I found the original color under a bunch of grease and grime. I still need to get some degreaser to clean under the hood, but it looks much better already.

Hoping for another cooler weekend next weekend. I want to go through all the wiring between the cab and engine compartment and see what is needed and what isn't. There are so many wires hanging around that either need to be eliminated or hooked up properly. I noticed some wire under the hood that need to be replaced because the insulation is dry and brittle.
Attached Images