View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #21
Mikes68C10

Re: How much less $ is a 68 GMC verses Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
When NADA starts buying trucks/cars for what they say their worth then their book will be relevant until then either truck is only worth what someone will hand you in cash on any given day . How many times do you see someone spend tons of cash on a build only to find out what they thought it was worth just didn't happen when it came time to sell ...
Concur G.O.M.
Believe NADA pricing has more to do with recorded sales prices and listed for sale prices.
All else being equal = identically equipped and condition. I would be logical in saying the GMC "should" be worth more, Couple reasons being;
1) GMC has always been the higher end of the two brands during the 67-72 timeframe.
2) GMC would have lower sales volumes, and lower production should and generally results in higher prices.
3) More reasons as mentioned previously, build quality/components, etc...
All IMO of course.

I'm very happy with my C10, and would've taken a GMC in same condition just as readily. Het, it could always be worse, what if we liked one of those other brands?
Mike
1968 C10 LWB Fleet-Wood, 2-WD, 327, 4-Bbl, Auto, 12-Bolt, Bone Stock. >POOF!< Sold 9/8/2018. New owner is local to Waynesboro PA and will take excellent care of her. He also owns a 69 Z28 SS Option car.
1998 Camaro SS, LS1, A4, 3.42. Free Tune - Stock 13.08 @ 106.55 >Lightening Strikes Again!< Sold 9/9/2018 she too will be well cared for as 1 of 45 produced in blue, with Auto and no T-roof.
Mikes68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote