View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:12 PM   #6
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Any of you ever been to DogPatch ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
My cousin says we went, I don't remember though. I guess it's decline was closely related to the fade of Lil' Abner from pop culture. I have followed the history of it and new in recent years. It's always "going to be something" soon. At some point there was a trespassing kid who was injured (nearly decapitated) by a cable who ended up owning the park after litigation. There was a little clean-up done a couple years back and it's supposed to be resurrected again. The old pictures are fun to look at. It's seriously overgrown, you can drive by and not even know it's down there (kind of in a valley).
If I remember it correctly ,,one took a cable car ride down a steep slope to get into the park.. My dad was with me when I went and showed the soap ,makers at the park how they were not making the soap like he did as a kid.. they changed to his way as it was more exciting to make..

My daughter road with me in a old antique car that was guided by guard rails so you would nt run off the road.. of course Daisey Mae caught my eye ..