Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 04:19 PM   #19
capnduane

Re: Why?

Funny stuff! My truck had been "fixed" by previous owners to keep it running with so many innovative ways, I should have taken pics for posterity! Lets see, from the hardware store barrel bolts to keep the doors closed, cause handles and latches were worn out) to the 'custom' steering wheel held on with 3/8 lag bolts, and the 4x4 wood blocks to adapt seats to cab with more: (you guessed it) lag bolts! No headlights or taillights.... Must say the guy I bought it from gave me a bed full of brand new parts and nice sheet metal to get me started. I fell in love with the old '55 TF and worked on it most every day for 3 months, to get it on the road, and have been driving it these last 5 years. Its been very dependable and fun to drive. I guess I owe the POs a big thank you for enabling me to aquire this great truck, had any of them taken the time and effort to fix it up, I would probably would not have been able to end up with it.
Attached Images