View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 11:20 AM   #14
Hazieview
Building Dreams out of Dimes!

Re: How many leaf springs are originally suppose to be in the pack on the c10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
HD rotors are 1.25" vs. 1.00" thick for the standard brakes. Diameter is the same for both, so they don't stop you any better for everyday driving, but they do dissipate heat better when hauling heavy loads.

Spindles, calipers, and inner wheel bearings are different. Pads are the same. I think there may have been different master cylinder bore sizes, and possible different boosters, too. Also rear drums/shoes for the HD brake package are 11-5/32" x 2-3/4" vs 11" x 2" for base brakes.

BTW, I think standard brake codes are JB1 or JB3. HD brakes are JB5, JD3, or JD5. If you still have your glove box sticker, it should tell you which brakes the factory installed on your truck.
Awesome ! Thanks for all the info. I don’t have many factory stickers left. I think I’m running a 1987 Chevrolet 1/2 ton chassis, with a 1981 Chevrolet 1/2 Silverado cab, 1986 suburban front clip and doors. Lol. I’m thinking I will just run some helper bags to be safe. I also need a decent hitch because I’m running Suburban bumpers as well.