Thread: Lt1 swap!
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 11:57 PM   #1
Pontiacgurudan

Lt1 swap!

I blew my radiator in my 63 over Memorial day weekend, badly overheating my engine in the process. I had a tbi motor with the 4l60e from a 95 Silverado in it. I'm not sure if it blew a head gasket or cracked a head, or both. Needless to say it was no bueno. I started looking around for another tbi motor when a friend offered me a low mileage lt1 from an f-body. It already had the gmpp 4-barrel manifold that runs a regular distributor. Who doesn't want an extra 100 horsepower? I sourced a corvette accessory drive, that kept grinding on the frame to just a one inch wide, quarter inch deep area to clear one if the idler pulleys. Picked up a remote power steering reservoir for a Subaru from O'Reilly's for $18, ordered the tbi adapter to run my tbi on the 4-barrel manifold. It really wasn't very hard at all to do the swap, the accessory drive being the only parts that are really different from a standard sbc. The Wi-Fi is down due to some storms so I won't be able to load pics until tomorrow, but I have plenty so I'll get them posted.
Pontiacgurudan is offline   Reply With Quote