View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:17 PM   #148
AussieinNC

Re: Help a NOOB - A continuing saga

I would not at this stage worry too much about rust in the cab corners,,,that can be tackled much later...

The old fuel pipes are a ready source of trouble and lots of mechanics have been bitten by rust flaking off and clogging the fuel system up.

The lines are not that expensive in the long run...just one suggestion ...please dont run rubber hose all the way from tank to pump as the heat from the exhaust system can cause lots of issues.
LMC has new pipes, as do many other suppliers...a new tank is the way to go if you intend to keep the truck...there are treatment processes you can perform on the old tank but they almost run the same as a new tank.

As for you paying me if I was closer...even if I lived right next door, I would never take your money my young friend,,,I have been working on cars, trucks, tractors and power equipment for over 55 years..its my pleasure to help you out...just keep us all up to date and let us know how you are doing...

There are many many highly knowledgeable people on this forum and its a pleasure to help out if possible.

AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote