View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 01:06 AM   #23
l_alvis

Re: '71 C30 Flatbed Budget Restomod

It's been a bit, but I've still been gathering parts. There's something about this truck that make me want to keep coming back to it.

A buddy let me have a worn out DRW 14 bolt as a core to build up. As most probably know, the options given with the HO72 are limited and I needed something with a better gear set. I've got most of the parts, just need time to install them all. I want to do disc brakes, but I'm having a hard time finding a set that claims to fit with dually wheels. A lot of kits claim to fit the hubs, but since most are for offroad rigs they just run a single wheel.

Replacing the windshield evolved into a much larger project as well. After pulling the frosted/busted one out, there was way to much corrosion for me to ignore around the channel. So if the body work tools are already coming out, might as well fix the whole cab. The inner roof panel, rocker panel, and drip rail require the most attention. The rest seems to be surface imperfections which I'm not too concerned about.

I probably won't get the 4-link and air ride on by LSFest as I had planned, but I sure hope I can cruise there with a 3.73 and a clear windshield.
Attached Images

l_alvis is offline   Reply With Quote