View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 05:09 PM   #174
ncpetersc

Re: Help a NOOB - A continuing saga

Okay, well I am back, with yet more questions.

I was just outside looking at my old carb and new making sure they look alike, and they do. I was taking a closer look at what I have to remove.
Probably:
Throttle cable
Kickdown cable (I think)
Two vacuum hoses
Idles stop solenoid and bracket
Then its just 4 bolts

The back drivers side bolt also holds a bracket for a spring in the throttle linkage I think.

Doesn't seem like a huge undertaking at all.

BUT
As I was looking it over I noticed something that I don't think is right, and am wondering if it could be a cause of my flooding woes. The little bar to move what I think would be the secondary throttle plates is interfering with the divorced choke cover. Another piece of linkage could possibly hit the cover as well.

I'm wondering if that plate is not being allowed to fully close, could this explain some of the flooding that is going on like shown in the youTube video?

It clearly doesn't look right, even though the choke seems to be mounted correctly to the manifold.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as usual! I am going to hold off on changing the carb for now I think. I was thinking I could take a similar video as before and check for fuel while idling. Then perhaps remove the choke to get rid of this interference and take another video to see if there is a change?

Any other ideas? Or just swap the carb you think?

THANKS
ncpetersc is offline   Reply With Quote