View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 11:57 PM   #6
swamp rat

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Ya know I forget what year I started reading this forum, bit it took me 5 years reading about rust repair to finally decide I had to give it a try, it was a big decision being as I had no shop, no experience in body work, only my mechanical experience which I left behind in the 80's and now experience as a machinist. every time I step outside its a learning experience, Lots of bad days and lots of 3 steps back just to take a step forward, Guess I'm just saying your not alone dealing with the frustration so just keep at it!

As for that front brake line I seem to recall I needed to become a contortionist to get my lines attached, If I recall my headers (now removed) were blocking the access so I had to reach my arm into the frame rail from the back and also in front of the headers. PITA!

As for the rivets, what works for me is to grind the head off, then center punch first, then drill a small hole, like a 1/8" then follow that up with one about the correct size but a bit smaller than the rivet, just use good cobalt drill bits, if you have a torch a little heat might help getting the plates separated.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote