Thread: Cold in July...
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 10:03 PM   #9
jeffahart

Re: Cold in July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
My wife and I were in SoCal during the 4th when you guys had that massive heat wave. Luckly, it only reached the high 80's along the Coast, it was 120* an hour or so inland! We did a big 10 day trip where we flew into Phoenix, spent 2 days in the Grand Canyon, then a day at the Hoover Dam/Vegas (mostly hoover dam and Red Rock Canyon) and it reached 109* the day we were there. Here in the southeast it gets sweaty hot with high humidity and mid 90s, I'd always heard "it's a dry heat." My ass. 109* was freakin' hot. We then spent the next 7 days in Huntington Beach, man do they have great weather there. We overheard so many people complain about how awful hot it was (like 87*) and my wife and I just laughed.

I can vouch that truck has some cold ass air!
My son lives in Newport right next to Huntington. The weather is definitely more temperate there. A little cooler in the summer and a little warmer in the winter. I've actually been looking at houses out that way. I told my son I'm going to move in next door to him. He said stay away

I put in a replacement compressor last year. My AC actually gets a little cool but not cold enough for 112. I should have spent the extra money and got a good compressor. I should have listen to Ledzepp.