View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 04:07 PM   #185
Super_Dave

Re: 1974 C20 Soon to become a project...

I have wing window assemblies in hand. Another member, Zack Seff, had started a business rebuilding OEM assemblies but, after some "interesting" interactions with other members, rolled up his tent.

That's a crying shame too, because there are precious few out there that can, or will, rehab OEM wing window assemblies for a reasonable price. That leaves people to rehab their own, with questionable results - while complaining about how hard it is and how long it took - or going after-market Chinese, which cost you your left nut for Chinese quality and has all kinds of fitment issues - which also gets complained about.

So why anyone would harangue an American for rehabbing OEM product and charging a VERY reasonable price. . . boggles my mind.

Now: on to my wing window assemblies.

I received them yesterday afternoon. I had received advance photos of the completed assemblies and was very anxious to see them firsthand.

I opened the box and peeled away the ample bubble wrap. I was stunned: Zack's work is nothing short of amazing! These photos DO NOT do them justice.

All the new hardware, frames and door supports are powder-coated to perfection. The rubber is soft and supple and all the rivets looked just like the factory had done them, because he uses the proper equipment to set them.

I can say unabashedly, that these wing window assemblies put the Factory OEM to shame. They are by far, one of the best things that will be on my truck when it's done. It was money well spent and DIDN'T cost an arm and a leg.

THANK YOU ZACK for being willing to do this for my build. If I ever have need again (and it looks like I will) I am calling you, my friend!
Attached Images

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote