View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 11:16 PM   #392
COS399

Re: Daddyjeep Hauler - 85 K30 crew cab short bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
Wow.... where have I been? I fought with the brake on the truck for way too long. I finally came out on top and can drive my truck again. After countless attempts and dozens of conversations with knowledgeable guys I ended up cutting the adjuster arm in half so the brakes can't over adjust themselves any more. I know it is not the correct solution, but nothing worked and I just had enough. I ended up borrowing a truck to drag the Jeep to the Jeep festival again. The Jeep didn't do so well either. After many hours of crunch time getting the new drive train working correctly it just didn't work out. The 4L60E was not fully wired and apparently it doesn't work so well without powering all of the solenoids... who knew. I just brought home a TH350 so no need to deal with that anymore.

New truck news, I picked up a used 4" lift from a buddy for nuthin. I just need to get me some shocks. I also picked up a nice set of used 33's that will work better than the 35's.
I was working on rear brakes on my 81 K5 project and had a similar issue with the adjuster on the driver side and determined that the spring on the emergency brake cable had lost just enough strength and was hanging up to cause all my problems. It was definitely a frustrating time for me. Hope that helps. Thanks for the updates.

1987 GMC R2500 SC 454 T400
1988 Chevy R30 CC DRW 12 valve Cummins NV4500 GearVendors
COS399 is offline   Reply With Quote