View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 12:56 AM   #2628
G&R's57GMC

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Now Dan , Dan, Dan ... Don't do anything rash .
These things take a long time, remember .
Delays happen , things don't always go as planed or hoped for.

Last year I pushed hard to get my Dart ready for Kool April Nights in Redding. Last thing it needed was alignment , I got it into the alignment shop on the day of the Cruise it got a sun bath all day then they rushed it at the end of the day and got it to me just in time for the cruise. Great ! I got to drive it a few miles.

After K.A.N. I took it to the body shop so we could schedule it in for some body work and paint. They said they would call when they had room for it and I should strip off the trim and bumpers in prep for them, so I did that day in April 2017 and then the wait began .... I kept checking with them every week or two . Then finally they were ready two months before 2018 K.A.N.

When I drove it over to the body shop I noticed the steering wheel was no longer centered .

Well the body shop finally got done with it and it looks great but they want it back so they can paint the underside of the hood. They said take it home so the paint can harden .
I drove it home and put on the lift in the garage without even taking pictures of it the day before we left for a month long trip up through Oregon and down the coast.

When it was on the lift I checked the upper control arm cam bolts. The alignment shop didn't tighten the upper control arm cam bolts the year before. Don't ya love it !

I still have to do the trim and make a run to Sacramento to pick up my bumpers at the chrome shop.

Get the hood to the body shop . Order a bunch of parts . Start on the interior redo . And maybe get to drive it before winter sets in.

Also the gas in the new tank is over a year old and has moisture in it. It just never ends ! But I'll get over it .

Cute kiddos G'Pa.

Ok now back to the regular program ....
'56 Chevy Long Bed I6, 4 speed Bought 1990 Sold 8.22.2020
’56 GMC Suburban Pickup V8, 4 speed Hydramatic Bought 1996 Sold 10.11.2020
My Other Tinkerings http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...75#post8967275

Last edited by G&R's57GMC; 08-12-2018 at 01:02 AM.
G&R's57GMC is offline   Reply With Quote