View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 08:35 PM   #27
S_Gibson

Re: C10 almost roadworthy during the day and night.

The spring I need will be about 5 1/2" long. Handle is easy enough to pull so very little tension will be require.

Regarding the rear brakes sticking. I jacked the truck up and both back wheel seemed to move fairly easy. I took the wheels and drum off and while the brakes and components show age everything is intact and setup correctly. The shoes and drums are adequate also.

I then pressed on the parking brake and it held both wheels firmly. When I released the parking brakes I can easily rotate the drums. It appears the new intermediate cable did the trick and everything else with the parking brake is working as it should.

Trouble starts when I press the brake pedal and released it. At this point neither wheel had any movement. Shortly after the wheels freed up again, but not immediately when release the pedal. When I press the brake and release the brakes wouldn't release enough for me to rotate the wheel for about 30 seconds or so.

Is it safe to consider it might be the rear brake hose? What else should I consider?

Last edited by S_Gibson; 08-17-2018 at 08:41 AM.
S_Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote