View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 09:51 PM   #24
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Took the trailing arms to the sandblaster today. It will be much faster and easier (but costlier) than me doing it myself. Should get them back tomorrow.

I ordered the differential cover from Advance Auto which should be here tomorrow. Also ordered the arm bushings from Rock Auto, and the U-Bolts from SD Springs (or something). Hoping all gets here before the weekend.

This is a bit of an aggressive goal especially for me, but it would be awesome if I could get all the parts painted with chassis saver - trailing arms, shock plate, reinforcement plate, figure out the best way to blast small sections of the frame where the plates sit (trying to decide between HF Gravity Feed Blaster Gun With 20 Oz. Hopper, or their Portable Abrasive Blaster Kit) and paint them also. It would be even better if I could get the arms reinstalled and the truck rolling again, but that's probably pushing my luck.

I realize that doing the blasting in my garage is going to make a mess, but it's only small areas I want to blast and I can't think of a better way to clean up the metal. The wire wheel only does so much good.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote