View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 07:24 PM   #419
LT7A

Re: Shucks First Build

Regardless of what you decide to do, it does sound like it would be good for you to focus your attention elsewhere. Not sure how long it took you to save up to build this truck, but obviously that's how long it would be for you to save up to buy a house. When I was your age, whenever I talked cars with old guys, like I would have thought of myself at the age I am now, haha - they nearly invariably told me about their first car that they would have kept. That caused me to keep my first car, my first hot rod which I still have. I've owned it more than 30 years, but I don't have the money into it that you have in this truck. Financially, it is always great to get into a house as early as you can. And you're way ahead of the curve by thinking about that. There may come a time once you've made that goal that you may realize you would have been willing to set aside the money that you got from the truck if that would have allowed you to keep it. I don't disagree with the previous posters, but I think that once you're established, You may wish you still had this ride. It does seem it would be good for you to focus elsewhere so that you don't feel like you have to keep spending money on it though.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote