Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 11:56 PM   #1057
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

I got out into the shop early today to try and beat the heat. I got the exhaust cleaned up and coated in a ceramic heat resistant coating. Then I got all the valve covers cleaned up, Yuck that was zero fun, they were nasty, but now are a lot cleaner!

I wrote a list of items I wanted to get completed this weekend. I'm about 3/4's of the way through it. Items I have completed so far: new water pump, new thermostat, install the front main seal, install the front cover, reattach all the fuel supply and return lines, purchase new rubber return fuel line, and supply line. Plus the 2 items above. Oh yeah I took the wife out for a really good lunch and some shopping she wanted to do. So yeah a very full day!

Tomorrow's list goes something like this: install rear main seal, install transmission mounting plate, install flex plate, and then the transmission so I can get everything in the truck for mock-up of the mounting plates. Oh yeah all those items have to be cleaned before installation... Build a Cummins they said... It would be fun they said...

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote