View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 08:54 PM   #16
Robert Crandall

Re: Need a brake expert

I like forums, and I like searches within them. A couple of weeks ago I had the privilege of spending over an hour on the interstate moving only a couple of feet every few minutes due to a wreck ahead. After a while I noticed the truck was not coasting when I released the clutch. Later it got harder and harder to make the truck move, and it was very obviously dragging. When traffic started moving I went to the shoulder and went maybe a mile at around 10 mph. I then stopped, and a hand on each hub cap easily identified driver side front as very warm, other three not warm. I presumed a front caliper problem, so I replaced both. A drive around the block announced: Not fixed! I then came to the forum, and here I find advice for someone who had the same problem before me. Opening the bleeder screw, as suggested in post #14, released the caliper, so I now suspect the flexible hoses. I used to be good about changing them around every 10 years, but my record shows I last changed them in 2014. I will order new ones tomorrow.
Robert Crandall is offline   Reply With Quote