View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 07:16 PM   #2580
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Been awhile since I last posted, so I thought I'd catch up a bit...

Kathy and I went on a 4800 mile road trip the first of August. Her family got together in Seabeck, WA for a memorial picnic for her sister. On the way there, we stayed in Deadwood, SD a few days ahead of the big bike rally in Sturgis. Lotsa scoots on the road plus Main Street was packed with them. On the way home, we went down I-5 and spent a night in Corning, CA right between the two big fires. When we went out to the car the next morning, it was covered with a light dusting of ash.

Stopped by to see Jason7121 in Visalia and got to see his ride in person. It's even nicer than the photos! We had a nice dinner at a Mexican place with him and his wife and talked a lot of truck. Headed out the next day down thru Palm Desert, CA then back east to home. While we were out west, I got the call that my Pops had passed, so when we got home, there was a lot of stuff to attend to as you can imagine.

It's getting back to normal, though, and we've been able to hit a couple of cruise in's recently. We were in Weston, MO Saturday night and a street dance broke out right in front of Crusty. Weather was a little hot, but we mostly sat in the shade which made it tolerable.

On the drive to Weston, the painted steering wheel made my palms sweat so much I decided to order a leather wrapped one from Grant. Should be in on Wednesday, so I'll post a shot of it after it's installed.

Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote