View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 12:53 AM   #1696
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

DAAAAAAMN that's beautiful!

I was able to get out to the garage and do some not so romantic hot rod building stuff, spent an hour and a half laying under the cab with a propane torch and gasket scraper scraping underseal off the underside of the floor.

But I got something done!

I got a few more things on ebay, one is such a bummer. I have this absolutely beautiful 1957 JC Higgins bike girls bike. I restored it about 30 years ago, rechromed everything, it still looks like new. It was sand blasted and painted with automotive grade paint (of course) reupholstered the seat, the whole nine yards, it's just beautiful. Bummer is, it's worthless!

I have listed it a few times on Craigslist and ebay the price as been coming down and down. I took a photo of it to the local antique stores and got no after no. Finally a real cool guy spent a bunch of time with me walking me through what to do, and basically I have to about give it away. I put it back on craigslist and ebay for $100.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote